Thursday, November 19, 2015

Chun Young Ho/Only 1% in Korea can experience here/Thurs 56

Only 1% in Korea can experience here

 

There are many guys who occupied for the army. Each people have special experience during the period as a soldier in Korea. I cannot say that my corps is the toughest in my country but I swear my service term was very valuable and priceless. To me, GP was the most meaningful place in my life. I heard just 1 % of Korean people can experience here. Beside the perspective of experiences, this place boasts for its wonderful nature and landscape. Things I will describe in this essay is not a lie or bluff.

 

 


Firstly, this place is preserved since 1953. Due to armistice agreement, GP and nearby 2kilometer has been regulated as a limited access place. So there was few touch of artificial thing. We can see many uncommon species of animal and plant. Except some few operation paths, whole sector is filled with dense forest. I cannot describe the extent of density. It can be only delivered by directly seeing this place. It is different from our close mountains. The heights, thickness, size of leaves and abundant leaves are just exotic.

 

 


Not only plants but also animals in here are so weird. It was first and I swear the chance was also the last to see a black hawk in South Korea. Its size, when it fully spread its wings, was nearly 3 meters. It was just like an albatross. It was pure black. It often landed in front of the guard post when I was serving for my duty hour. The first time when I saw it was irreplaceable moment. But soon I adapted to it and it was not an affair after 5 or 6 weeks.

 

 


Also this awesomeness is not just limited in sky animal. I cannot forget about the wild boar. Its size is also terrific. I think it is the size of 4 adult man combined. I do not know how it entranced our post but it appears quite often. It usually appears in evening, to search for our food trash. It is very mean and I think it ignores human. They do not surprised when they face us. They just do what they were doing while we just ran away when we saw it.

 

 

 

With these awesome creatures and landscape, first few months in GP were very weird and hard. But as time passes by, I adapted to my new life and now I retrospect that period was very valuable. Even nowadays I sometimes dream the period when I was in there and also very clearly imagine the scene of GP. Also I cannot forget the emotion when I saw the landscape in very high place. My heart is fully filled and abundant with the vast nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment