Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Lee Sharon/On The Bench Of My Childhood/Thur 13~15 PM

It's so tough and complicated to make people think over a place that they've never seen it before, although you describe it detail by detail. But it's all about trying. Let me introduce you my best home in my whole life. It's was located inFabra I Puig, a small district in Barcelona that has a lot of children's laughing and playing so hard when their parents are looking for them, really nice people who says hello every day between neighbors and wide places where birds fly freely and peacefully. But the important point of this small district is that there still exists the place where I learned to walk in this world, the home of my childhood.

 

Actually in Barcelona, you can appreciate the multitude of foreigners and immigrants. But when you went to my childhood district, you will see only Spanish or sometimes latin people too. Especially, grandparents sitting on benches in the street and talking each other about children's who plays and run, that kids when they cry and laugh constantly. This is the contrast about young and old people. You can feel peace in yourself when you sit on a bench like the old people and see your wide future waiting for you like these little children's playing around.

 

It was really funny living here since 12 years approximately. Although when I still remember when my 9thbirthday, I invited all of my friends to my party at home and all of them that they could stay there for a night, we began to play hide and seek. With long and narrow corridors not quite bright, wide rooms without much furniture highlighting them the old and antique brown and making that home a simple but flawless fireside. "Okay guys; are you ready for search where can we hide?" I said all those who wanted it for play. They followed me at my parent's room smiling from ear to ear, where next to the bed; we could found a piano and ten dolls at the top, with their completely white faces in line that they seemed real staring and looking mysteriously, completely elegant dresses profiled with undulations and garnets. But in that moment, when we were hidden in front of the piano, suddenly the dolls really began to move their mouth in the darkness. Obviously, all of my friends began to run to the hall and cry by the fear and at midnight, we simply went to the bed to forget everything. Until now, we don't know if they moved truly but when I met my childhood friend last summer, she reminded.

 

One more memory I remind that happened to me and this time, with my two brothers was that one ordinary night, we slept in a one room together because my parent's went out for business after see the final chapter of a famous American teen comedy sitcom called "Kenan & Kel". My older brother really makes a lot of noise… Yeah, he snores very loudly and he sometimes had insomnia when he was child, and my other brother was quite opposite. He was really calm and peaceful when he fell sleep. I was sleeping in my parent's bed and my brothers were sleeping on a berth next to my bed. It was a really calm night when suddenly, I heard the sound of the berth. It was my (not really) peaceful brother that he didn't stop moving at the 2ndfloor of the berth and his movements sounded increasingly stronger. By a moment he stopped, but he began to move from one side of the bed and bump! He fell out. I was really worried and I woke up instantly. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked so worried. But curiously, I saw my brother standing up despite the fall and he climbed the stairs to his bed.

 

I really have a lot of anecdotes about what occurred when my family and I stayed at this house. But when my parents found stability in their jobs, they wanted to move at the center of the city. Now, it's much comfortable and benefit for us living surrounded by important buildings with a lot of shopping centers, but the actual house can't be replaceable with my first and unique home of my childhood. Even I visit the house and I sit on a bench like an ancient without a stick breathing the same air when I was child and turn back all these good memories in that house.

No comments:

Post a Comment