Wednesday, November 18, 2015

HyoJeong Lim/ Tiny My World/ Thurs 1-3


 

Tap-tap. Only raindrops I can hear here. There is no one but me. I just sit down here and listen the raindrops. Pitter-patter. Rain gets stronger. Even better. I am starting to enjoy the sounds. All of a sudden, I think that I want to see the beach, opening my eyes. About half an hour later, I am looking the beach. I feel cold abruptly so I bring a small blanket from the back. It is still rainy outside, so I cannot turn off the air conditioning. This is my world, a complete, small world of my own. No decorated things but I've got everything I need. It is pretty quiet today but it is sometimes quiet chatty or noisy. Also I am alone here today but sometimes, there is someone with me. I find Café and ordered a hot latte. I take a seat near window with latte. There is my world outside. I can see him. It is a car. It has white-colored outside and looks robust. After a few sipping of coffee, I get back to my car. I said to him "It is time to go back." and turn on the music.

 

As far as I remembered, I had never gotten my own place since I started my job. I had always been busy. I had almost forgotten how my room looks like, literally. So, since then, I spent most of time at the car whenever I need "me" time or "my" place. There are neither people nor things bothering me. Most of all, driving fast at late night makes me feel better. I could feel sort sense of freedom. Taking off the heels, changed as driving shoes and volume up the music, these simple things already make me smile. Car was indeed my world even though how tiny it is. And also I have enjoyed listening raindrops, it is more than good to hear them in the car. They make people calm. My parents didn't understand why a girl likes car that much and, of course, they didn't like it either. Maybe someone told me as same as my parents, in that situation, I want to tell them back. "Maybe, you haven't got hard time of your own life yet."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment