Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Sharon Lee / Learn Travelling / Thurs 13-15

"How quickly time passes!" shouted my friend through the door of main building of college and looking at the sky meanwhile she opened her umbrella. "It's winter again" I said looking at the sky next to her. This season visited us again with snowflakes falling from the sky on the streets of Seoul and I ask her if she wanted to have some of warming hot chocolate together. She really loves food so, she began to laugh and her answer was "What are we waiting for? Let's move!" taking my arm and leading me to a coffee shop not really big but full of Christmas decorations like the face of Santa Claus was the biggest light of the hall and lots of reindeers near and all of stuff was very colorful with all types of red and green.

 

"Welcome to our coffee shop!" said a smiley boy looking to us very cheerfully and making us smile with him. He took a very simple yellow pencil with a small notebook with the logo of the cafeteria asking us what we will like to order. "Two hot chocolates, please!" ordered my friend so quickly and giving me signs having almost red cheeks. We were analyzing the good-looking boy like a two idiots fell in love with a stranger guy. Also, my friend was trembling for the excitement to meet at this cute guy. 30 minutes later, we handled the cup of hot chocolate with hands being tired of classes, accommodating in the seats and we felt really warm and calmed, so I started off with questions taking the pencil case with a note for the interview.

 

She was 10 years-old when she dreamed to be handling golf club with her arms, throwing the golf ball as far as possible but controlling at the same time and learning how to be a professional golfer. "I still remember when I won the 2nd position of a competition of golf in my hometown" she said looking at the window with a blank look on his face "when this happened, that year was the best of my life because all the people that assisted at the competition celebrated with me and it means that they admitted my talent. It such a nice feeling when strangers enjoys with you your victory." added taking the cup. She's the kind of person who really likes to visit countries and know cultures that she never knew it, she's constantly searching for work that could be help for her career and future but, at the same time, she has a lot of hobbies. She moves her body very well and she's really sociable without any kind of exceptions. Seeing her powerful interest in this memory, I questioned who support the most with to follow with this dream. "It was my grandfather. He wasn't near with me like my parents because they left their hometown when their very young and I born in Guatemala but, he was the person who guide and teaches how to make my steps and actions in the golf court" she said so concentrated and talking with emotion in all of words she used with her story, "I really took all my effort on play and be the best because it was the real big dream that my grandfather couldn't be able to realize and I wanted to be his dream come true" I looked on her and I put my hand to her back saying immediately that "He will be proud of you" to cheer her.

 

"So… I heard that you were leaving in Boston, too" I said and she answered me with a surprised expression "Oh, that's right. I was leaving in Boston for like 3 years. For ones are a short time but for others it's too much to handle in foreigner country. I personally enjoyed so much my residency there because I was really interested in swimming! So I attended my first's classes in Boston" she continually chuckled "I will never be able to come back to these times but, I'm happy when I think in the pool with balls floating above the water full of small waves created for the kids that were playing around. For that reason, I really enjoy the places with a lot of water like seas, rivers, and mountains, etcetera" my friend seemed without regrets and being proud of how she spent her childhood.

 

The last question and the most important was "How it feels the experience of live in America, Latin America and now, Asia?" My friend began to think about the question "It was… amazing. I mean, I was a minor and it was difficult to speech in English, Spanish or Korean but I really learned that any kind of sports are another language to express yourself without the necessity of talk with people" she said seriously, "Sports are another language of the humans." she finally said and teaches to me. "Be good about what you do and other people will respect and admire you."

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm Dong Yi Kang of your class and i love this interview primarily because it is so vivid and real, as you have actually quoted the answers of your interviewee. i find it much more real compared to the paraphrases of some others. I also think you did a fantastic job of summarizing some unimportant parts and quoting the important parts. My favorite part is "'m happy when I think in the pool with balls floating above the water full of small waves created for the kids that were playing around". Who wouldn't love it? I think perhaps some areas of improvement may be more specific questions that provide insight and epiphanies. Thanks a lot for your essay! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “How quickly time passes!” shouted my friend through the door of main building of college and looking at the sky meanwhile she opened her umbrella. “It’s winter again” I said looking at the sky next to her. This season visited us again as every year with snowflakes falling from the sky on the streets of Seoul and I ask to my friend if she wanted to have some of warming hot chocolate together. She really loves food. She can eat any kind of meal and if she find a food that matches really well with her tastes, she becomes addicted. “Hey, I’m really addicted with egg tart this week. I can’t stop buying and eating this!” said to me two days ago shouting to me so happily biting a piece. So, she began to laugh and her answer was “What are we waiting for? Let’s move!” taking my arm and leading me to a coffee shop not really big but full of Christmas decorations like the face of Santa Claus was the biggest light of the hall and lots of reindeers near and all of stuff was very colorful with all types of red and green.

    “Welcome to our coffee shop!” said a smiley boy looking to us very cheerfully and making us smile with him. He took a very simple yellow pencil with a small notebook with the logo of the cafeteria asking us what we will like to order. “Two hot chocolates, please!” ordered my friend so quickly and giving me signs having almost red cheeks. We were analyzing the good-looking boy like a two idiots fell in love with a stranger guy. Also, my friend was trembling for the excitement to meet at this cute guy. 30 minutes later, we handled the cup of hot chocolate with hands being tired of classes, accommodating in the seats and we felt really warm and calmed, so I started off with questions taking the pencil case with a note for the interview.

    She was 10 years-old when she dreamed to be handling golf club with her arms, throwing the golf ball as far as possible but controlling at the same time and learning how to be a professional golfer. “I still remember when I won the 2nd position of a competition of golf in my hometown” she said looking at the window with a blank look on his face “when this happened, that year was the best of my life because all the people that assisted at the competition celebrated with me and it means that they admitted my talent. It such a nice feeling when strangers enjoys with you your victory.” added taking the cup. She’s the kind of person who really likes to visit countries and know cultures that she never knew it, she’s constantly searching for work that could be help for her career and future but, at the same time, she has a lot of hobbies. She moves her body very well and she’s really sociable without any kind of exceptions. Seeing her powerful interest in this memory, I questioned who support the most with to follow with this dream. “It was my grandfather. He wasn’t near with me like my parents because they left their hometown when their very young and I was born in Guatemala but, he was the person who guide and teaches how to make my steps and actions in the golf court” she said so concentrated and talking with emotion in all of words she used with her story, “I really took all my effort on play and be the best because it was the real big dream that my grandfather couldn’t be able to realize and I wanted to be his dream come true” I looked on her and I put my hand to her back saying immediately that “He will be proud of you” to cheer her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. “So… I heard that you were leaving in Boston, too” I said and she answered me with a surprised expression “Oh, that’s right. I was leaving in Boston for like 3 years. For ones are a short time but for others it’s too much to handle in foreigner country. I personally enjoyed so much my residency there because I was really interested in swimming! So I attended my first’s classes in Boston” she continually chuckled “I will never be able to come back to these times but, I’m happy when I think in the pool with balls floating above the water full of small waves created for the kids that were playing around. For that reason, I really enjoy the places with a lot of water like seas, rivers, and mountains, etcetera” my friend seemed without regrets and being proud of how she spent her childhood.

    The last question and the most important was “How it feels the experience of live in America, Latin America and now, Asia?” My friend began to think about the question “It was… amazing. I mean, I was a minor and it was difficult to speech in English, Spanish or Korean but I really learned that any kind of sports are another language to express yourself without the necessity of talk with people” she said seriously, “Sports are another language of the humans.” she finally said and teaches to me. “Be good about what you do and other people will respect and admire you.”

    ReplyDelete