Tuesday, September 15, 2015

201103477/ Chun Young Ho/ Thurs56

When I was 8 years old, my elementary school teacher forced me to write a diary. It was a strict homework because she scolded me if it is not written daily. Also she always ordered us to do a dictation in class. First few months were harsh but soon I adapted to the homework. I enjoyed writing because I cannot help doing homework. Everyday I waited for the moment that I write a diary. It was precious time that I can recall the memories of that day and it was kind of meditation.

As I am getting older I have to write a different kind of essays. In middle school and high school I have to do some logical essays for homework. It was not bad, and I can feel another feeling different from writing a diary. I have to write in logic and fact. It is an essay to persuade or make people understand my thoughts.

Attitude toward writing is distinctive by the genre of writing. When I write an assignment I pretend myself as a professor so I write in very formal mood. I take care of grammar, choice of word and nuiance. In this kind of writing my attitude is so sincere.

However when I write a letter or diary, I write in very informal mood. I write as I am saying to the right next person. I will use some slangs to express my friendship or hospitality. I take less care about the grammar and formality. My purpose is to communicate with the reader I more prudent expression.

 

I took the same class last semester. The class was so useful and productive. I think frequency is important to enhance the ability of writing. Writing an essay for a week was quite helpful to maintain my writing ability. I always pardon for using and choice of word. I take care of grammar and the logic of the writing. Also comments from other classmates were very creative.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Young Ho, this is Donghee. I read your writing and found it really interesting. In my elementary school days, my homeroom teacher also forced the students to write diary almost every day. Unlike you I end up building resentment towards writing diary...and from then I never have written one. You also wrote that you take different attitude according to the genre of the writing and I think that's very wise of you, because sometimes I become too emotional when writing something formal, like academic writing. I think you already are a great writer. But as you said the more often you write, the better your skills become, so I'll look forward to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete