Monday, September 14, 2015

Dana Eun/My attitude toward writing(freewriting)/THU 1-3pm

I like writing and sometimes I feel it's easier than speaking or making a presentation. But this also changes from time to time. When I'm under the pressure of writing good paragraphs, I get nervous and stressed. I usually don't have difficulty in writing English essays but poems are difficult. I have no experience in writing a poem or something that's close to literature work. I have never written a poem in English nor in Korean. I don't know how people write poems or novels with such impact. I write down my thoughts in my diary usually. It's a habit started from middle school. I started to keep track of what I did each day and what I thought or felt. I have diaries from every year since 6th grade and it's interesting to look at them after time has passed. I also think I'm weak at academic writing when I'm not preared because it requires certain amount of knowledge in the field and most of the time, the vocabularies are unfamiliar. On the other hand, I am most comfortable with writing an essay whether it's a argumentative or comparative essays. I like to deliver my thoughts in writing and that's probably why I like to write letters or postcards to friends and families.  

3 comments:

  1. Hey this is Kyeong Ju Seo. In your post, you mentioned that you write diaries. Well I like writing diaries myself. I think it's really neat that you have all your diaries since 6th grade :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I found your writing fascinating because I feel somewhat opposite to how you feel. I write poems and find it easier because I am only writing how I feel like in a diary. Nevertheless when it comes to academic writing, I get frustrated because there are so many rules. I try to read what I have wrote repetitively so I can edit it to be better and this take a long time.
    -Hye Hyon Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this is Seo Young :)
    It's a good thing that you keep a diary, and I do the same :)
    I also love to read old diaries when I have time. Hehe.
    We should talk more!

    ReplyDelete