Monday, September 14, 2015

FW: Joo Hyun LEE/ Assignment label/Thursday 01:00~03:00pm

 

     Before taking this Intermediate Writing Class, I took an Introduction to Writing Class at Hufs about a year ago. At that time, we used a blog named Tumblr to post our weekly writing assignments. At first, we started with one or two paragraphs and as time went by, we had to write an essay with a minimum of five paragraphs and five sentences for each one. So, every student chose a topic that they were interested in and every week we had to post step by step. For instance, we explained why we chose this specific topic; then, we added the plan of the essay and after the possible sources we were going to use for the arguments of the main paragraphs; we also put the introduction paragraph and later the conclusion; finally we gathered the whole essay including the three main ideas paragraphs in the middle. It was really hard for me as it took me a lot of time and efforts in order to realize it. I had to start from searching for the information as I didn't know in detail about the topic to collecting and analyzing the data in different trustworthy sites. We also had a final group project to realize which consisted of making a short story. It was totally different from the first big project which was an academic writing by oneself and the second one which was an imaginative production done by a group project. Both were interesting and rewarding but the first assignment might have been more stressful for me as the topic was delicate (political and economic). 

2 comments:

  1. This is Shim Min Jung. I read your post and want to comment on it. I think I had the same class with you! I also took the class where the professor used Tumlr as a tool of improving students’ writing abilities. Personally, I like the first assignment since I wrote what I really like. It was hard but worth it. I'm happy to meet you here. Then see you at the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! I am SEA HEE CHOI. I didn't take the previous writing class. I read your post and getting nervous right now. haha. But, I think we can handle it, if we try hard. See you on Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete