Tuesday, September 15, 2015

SEA HEE CHOI(최세희)/Attitude and Experience with writing/THU(1:00-3:00)

In the past, my attitude toward writing was not good. I can say that I am not a writer at all. Still I don't like writing very much. Instead, I prefer talking. However, I know the importance and positive effects of writing. At the age of 12, when I was in Canada, I had no idea what I could say in English. I was doing the "homestay" with one of Canadian families who had volunteered to do so. When I just arrived, I couldn't say anything. Even though I learned English in Korea before going to Canada, it was useless. My mouth just froze. At that time, the homestay mom told me to write something down if I need anything. I tried it, and it worked. I can assume that my writing was very poor. However, better communication has been made through a piece of paper.

 

I think my hates on writing started from the elementary school when I was forced to write my diary as an assignment. When it becomes compulsory, it makes me sick and tired. But, writing is really important. Even in the future, when I get my job, It is obvious that I might have to write every single day. I want to get rid of the irritation that I have when writing.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Sea Hee, I know it so well that it is really hard to do something when you do not like it, and it is even worse when you are forced or told to do so. I think you can start little. Express your thoughts on something that you are interested in and when it becomes your habit, boom, you are a writer, too :-)

    ReplyDelete