Tuesday, September 15, 2015

MI HYEON SEO/ Past writing education experience /Thur, 1-3pm

My writing experience in the past has been very stilted. I had all my attention on not having grammatical mistakes and spelling mistakes. However, the English writing tutorial that I had several years ago, had changed my view towards English writing. The main focus was on writing academic essays with five paragraphs. Although the format itself was quite formal, my instructor allowed me to express my thoughts and ideas freely. Before then, my writing was mostly done from English writing books, copying the exemplary answers. But after learning how to write about my own ideas, I was able to move a step forward in English writing.

  Even now, I am making another progress. My English writing experience during my university life was mainly focused on academic essays. However, the writing class that I am currently taking allows me to write about my own thoughts and ideas, once more. Organizing my random ideas into a piece of paper, and meanwhile being able to be persuasive is my ultimate goal within this class. I hope I can improve myself once more.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mi Hyeon, this is MinGu.
    I also had an experience just like you. I realized that what matter is the content, not grammar and vocabulary (although those two are still important).
    I hope you enjoy writing through out this course and later on!

    ReplyDelete