Tuesday, September 15, 2015

MinGu Lee/My writing experience/Thursday 1pm-3pm

           I personally own 2 blogs. I started writing when I was in my first year of high school. During that time, I had a very hard moment adapting to high school atmosphere. One day, I ran out of school extra-curricular study time and went to the nearest library. There I found a bunch of books on journalism and politics, which opened up a new perspective to me. After reading most of the shelf, I started posting my thoughts about current affairs, political ideology, and criticism about specific politicians through my blog. It did not go well, but through that experience, my academic writing skills advanced dramatically. Nowadays, I still upload my thoughts on current affairs once a month.

           Writing on my blog in English started only about a year ago. Last year, I took a class from Professor Gallagher, which he insisted on making a blog while filling in the contents with class assignments. I had a really great time, and started posting essays written in English as well as in Korean. However, my problem is that I have a limited amount of vocabulary span, and I get very nervous because I might make few grammar mistakes.

 

           I love writing on my blog. I recognize that writing is a hard and painful process because it forces me to deliberate on the topic. However, it is also a joyful moment due to the fact that writing remains as a content, whereas speaking disappears after it has been heard. Moreover, the joy of writing on a blog is not just about writing itself, but about giving feedback with others. After I have written my essay and finishes uploading on my social network, my friends and colleagues usually gives out better recommendations or thoughts on my posting. From this process, I can upgrade my writing skills dramatically. Writing hasn't always been pleasant. It is not easy as well. However, I still try to write as much as I can because it defines who I am.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! It was really great to read your sincere posting. I could definitely feel that you have a passionate concern for either writing in Korean and in English. It seems that you have had a lot of experiences about writing which is the point I envy you. You may have no much difficulty about writing on various topics.
    Besides, it seems that we both enrolled the Gallagher professor’s writing class sharing the “same” experience about writing on a blog. I totally agree with you about the painful process when writing and about the rewarding result as it can remain as contents.
    I look forward seeing your next postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Mi Hyeon. First of, I think your writing is well organized and settled. And also, I really think it is great that you own blog. I tried to, but I always got lazy.. So I hope to learn some yseful tips on running blogs!

    ReplyDelete