Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Kyeong Ju Seo/Homework and Diary/Thurs 1:00-3:00 p.m

It's easy for me to tell you about my earliest memories of writing because for these past two weeks, I've been doing endless writing assignments thanks to many of my professors. Yesterday, I had to turn in a book report in one of my English Literature class after reading one of Harold Pinter's works, The Dumb Waiter. I tried my best to explain in my essay what signs and symbols the author uses to make the play as absurd as possible. Writing up to one and a half page was very difficult but somehow I managed. I assume the professor will be grading my report just now. Although I didn't get any feedbacks from my professor yet, he did mention to the class that he will be looking for both the content and grammar in our assignment which is not that surprising.

 

Other than these homework writings I am forced to do, I usually write my own diary. Unlike homework, I write my diary because I want to. It might be very tiresome to write diaries after writing so much for homework but it has become my habit. Most of the time, I just jot down anything that pops up in my head. The fact that there are no rules to writing a diary fascinates me. However, I do take some precautions of writing my diary late at night when I become very sentimental. That helps me from getting goosebumps when I read over my diary again sometime. Looking over my day as I write, I make new plans to make a better day tomorrow.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Dana from the class! I enjoyed your writing and I could definitely agree to your thoughts. I'm also much pressured about writing reports or big assignments. And I also have my own diary and I like it because I get to write things without any restrictions or rules, almost anything. Nice writing and look forward to seeing you in class! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I can definitely relate to what you are saying. As an English Literature student, there are so many writing assignments due which can overwhelm me sometimes. However, I also enjoy writing in my own diary. Sometimes, I think we can learn most about ourselves by writing and reading what we have wrote in the past.
    -Hye Hyon Kim

    ReplyDelete