Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Subject line=Shim Min Jung/Happy memory about writing/Thursday 01:00~03:00pm

When I was a little kid – maybe about 10 years old – I wrote my first English novel. Actually it is my first and last English novel so far. I have not written any longer materials compared to then. It's a funny thing that I cannot even beat my past 10-year-old girl in writing field. Most of the people who will read this post would get surprised and wonder why I wrote that long story in English at the early age. The reason why I wrote the story is because there was a story writing contest in my English academy. I was the youngest child in the academy and I didn't even think a little bit of being a winner in the competition. But it now seems that these were the points which made the academy pick me as its representative and give me entry to the higher contest. A teacher told me like this; "Your story has many grammar mistakes but we selected your story because it has the most unique plot." I could make the interesting story because I was so young. I wrote down what I imagine right away even though it was ridiculous. Moreover, I wrote the story without stress to compete someone, rather I wrote it for myself. I created my own story just for fun. I can clearly remember the moment when I was writing at that time. I was delight and amazed that I was able to write something what I think and imagine in another language, not in mother tongue. I was happy regardless of the contest's result. I'm not telling this story to boast myself. What I really want to say is that doing something with joy is the key to get a great result. And thanks to the happy writing experience, I like writing now.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Kim Jeong Eun. Yes, I AM surprised that you wrote a story in English at 10! That's pretty cool. It's great that you really enjoy writing. For me writing has hardly been a joy, it was more of a homework. Maybe your winning in the contest gave a 10-year-old girl much confidence, I guess! One thing is that it would've been much better if you told us what your story was about. I really want to know :) Enjoyed your writing and see you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this is Mi Hyeon. I reallt agree with your point. I always have problem with the start whenever I write. So, just starting it, even though it is ridiculous, is an intereting point of view to me. Nice work

    ReplyDelete