Thursday, October 15, 2015

Hyo Jeong Lim/ My mom/ Thurs 13-15

There she was. A woman in red dress with high heels. There was only crossroad between me and her. When the light became green, I ran to her with big smile. "Mama!" Yeah, the beautiful and sophisticated woman is my mom. We headed to her office together. "Oh, your mom was pleased about your flower." When I came in, a woman recognized me and told me about the flower I sent for parent's day. Suddenly, her cell was ringing. "Hello?" As soon as she answered the phone, she got busy. I looked at her quietly. She is small, about 5'1feet, and relatively slim unlike her age's other women. She likes trendy and fancy dresses and heels but she doesn't like to wear make up. She always looks dignified when she works like today. She always looks strong but I know she has to be seemed strong to run her company. And I also know that she is not that much stronger than other people think.

 

Lots of people think that mom and I are in a good relationship, if you read the stories, but actually, we are not. More specifically, we have begun to be in a good relationship as both of us get older. We still argue, sometimes, even fight, because we both have somewhat tough temper. But one thing is crystal clear. She is the person that I respect the most. She has run her own company for about 15years. As far as I remembered, she' hadn't no red letter in her life. She had never complained or told that she wants to give up even when she was in a tough time. She has been a, kind of, my teacher being a proper member of society. She used to teach me responsibility since I was very young, like when I told her that I want to have or do something, her first question is "Why do you need them?" or "Why do you want to do that?" and after that, she also asked "How much it worth?" "What can you do to me if I bought them?" or "What can you do to me if I let you do that?" Also, she never teach me something straightly. She had always given me time to think about what I asked her. I hated her style when I was young, but now I know that she is right. I appreciated with her ways to teach me.

 

Also she is jack of all trades. She likes to draw. She told me that she wanted to go to artcollege when she was in high school. So I suggested her to learn that. I thought that it is time for her to find out herself. I really wanted her to do that. She answered uncertainly but I will keep forcing her to do something for her own life. I hope that she would have small gallery exhibition with her own paintings in the near future. I will be so much happy if it is come true.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment