Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Hyo Jeong Lim/Observation/Thurs13-15

There is a small Starbucks right beside my house. I enjoy spending time there looking people. Few days ago, it was late night, I went there for a hot coffee. There was just only one person except me in Café, a clerk. I sat on the window seat. When I looked out to the window, there was a man standing there. He looked a bit young, mid or maybe late twenties. I could not figure out what was he doing standing alone on the street around midnight. He seemed talking himself. I was not sure because the window blocked the sound but he did not have his cell on his hand. He looked like doing role-playing. One second, he laughed and another second, he seemed very nervous and eventually, he looked like he recognized that he had forgotten something. At that second, right after meeting our eyes, a man suddenly came into Café. I tried to pretend as if I had never seen him but frankly speaking, I kept watching him. He had average height, but had a bigger body in contrast his height. He wore white shirt with cardigan which seemed for him to keep warm and a pair of jeans. He was an average man.

 

"A hot café mocha with extra chocolate and less whip cream on top, please" he ordered silently.  He waited for few minutes and went back to outside after getting his coffee from clerk. He looked more nervous than before. And I was happy about not being founded from him that I had been watching him for half an hour.

 

 When I tried to leave the café a girl came up to him. She looked younger than him. They hugged for few seconds. After that, he gave him a coffee which he ordered before. They held hands and began to walk together with smile. It was late and bit cold, but because of them I feel somewhat good. I was watching them walking the street until they disappear from my sight 

No comments:

Post a Comment