Tuesday, October 6, 2015

KIM JEONG EUN/MY BROTHER/THURS 1PM

I've got a little brother. His name is Hyeon Jung. I don't really think he and I look alike, but many people, including my parents, say that they can see that we are brother and sister. He is quite taller and way skinnier than me, has a black hair, and wears glasses. When he takes off his glasses, he looks much more like me. He used to be much fatter than now until last year, but he lost more than 10kg in half a year. That was quite interesting and surprising, watching him getting fit.

He doesn't talk much outside, but when he's at home he doesn't stop talking. He talks about everything, like about school, dramas, movies, music, soccer, his friends, literally about everything. The conversation always starts somehow like this, "Hey, what are you doing?" or "Hey, listen, sister." He wants to share his interest with me. He wants me to listen to the song he likes and wants me to show him what I like. When he finds something cool, he brings it to my room, shouting, "Hey, did you see this? This is awesome!" When he goes shopping, he wants me to go with him, which I almost always refuse to.

 

 

 

Lately, during Chuseok, my parents went for a short trip and he and I were at home. We ordered a pizza and watched a movie on TV. I was shocked that he didn't see the series of Captain America so I insisted he must see that. So we watched it. While watching it, he kept saying, "Wow, that's cool." After the movie was over, he said, "Sister, I should've seen it earlier. What was I doing?" We laughed and watched movies all night. That was quite a holiday.

He's quite nice. He doesn't want a fight, rather he wants to have fun with me. Sometimes it feels like I have a sister. It's good to have a brother like him. When I was in France for 7 months, he kept asking when I would come back. And when I came back home, he didn't stop talking and asking how it was in France. I think it must be really boring when he's gone for a military service. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello, this is such a sweet description of your little brother!
    1. If I could round him up into one sentence, I would say,
    Your brother is very chatty and talkative.
    2. I got this impression when you wrote that "when he is at home he does not stop talking " and "he wants to share his interest with me"
    3. You described well how the person looks like in your first paragraph and also included some direct speeches of his. His actions with you were very descriptive but I found that there wasn't any details of how others perceive him. If you could add explanations on how he acts around others and how others think about him, it would be better!
    4. I understood that your brother likes to talk to you but it was a little confusing because there was no reason behind why he likes to talk to you so much. If you could include more information on how you two were close and good friends, it would be great!
    5. I think you choose your brother because he is also like your best friend. It seems like you and your brother are very close!
    6. What kind of things does your brother tell you? I would like to see what he talks about rather than his reaction speeches.

    See you in class, Hye Hyon Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. This is Shim Min Jung. Since I also have a younger brother, I could sympathize with your post. – They always come to our room and talk, right? I want to sum up what your brother is like with this one sentence – He likes you very much. He seems to do many things with you like shopping or watching movies. There are 3 details from your essay to support my sentence. He likes to talk to you. Meanwhile, he wants to follow your taste for fashion because he wishes to go shopping with you. Moreover, judging from his comment, he always calls you sister. I think he is quite warm and sweet. He doesn’t talk down to you. I think you used the right method to describe your brother’s character like quoting what he said to you. The one thing I want to know more about him is how he could lose that much. You can write about the episode and if it was done by training, you can show us his diligence. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I am SEA HEE CHOI.
    1. I can see that your brother is friendly as a sister and also likes to talk to you on every topic.
    2. He loves to talk to you on the topic about movies he see, follows fashion and keeps talking in home.
    3. I liked your essay becuase I can feel how your brother is like and also, how you love him.
    4. I could understand your essay clearly.
    5. I think you have chosen him because you really like him and also, recently, in Chuseok, you spent most of the time with him.
    6. Well, What else do you guys share about? Because, my sister and I usually talk about boyfriends. haha
    Thank you! enjoyed your writing!

    ReplyDelete