Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Lee Sharon/Personal Sketch/Thur 13~15 PM

Her name is Stephanie. I know her since 3 years ago. She has a long brown hair with a really small face, she's really pretty. By chance, we began the university and we coincided with the same interview (when we weren't friends yet). For the first time, I really didn't imagine that she will be my best friend from now because she is really different comparing with me. But now, I consider her as my best friend. 

She's a little smaller than me and she really likes cosmetics and all relationated with fashion and beauty. She really has a good taste matching clothes with make-up for anybody. She thinks that the appareance and image of a person is so important, so she knows how trasmit good feelings to somebody. She is really friendly. When I really didn't know how to make friends in Korea, she was helping and introducing me to our "sunbaes" and "hoobaes". Because of this reason, we have a lot of friends in common. She was born and living in Dominican Republic and I was born in living in another country where both of us uses Spanish language. So, this is the reason why we use Korean and Spanish at the same time, and it's really comfortable for me because with my parents I used to do the same from my whole life. She's like a sister. She is always smiling to people, but when she has a problem she disguises and she talks to me in private. She is a really good friend because she always search a good way for all the problems and things. When I ask for her and I explain my problem to her, she always have and answer to make me relaxed.

She is very liberal and she doesn't care completely if the people talks bad from her because she have the ideas really clear and nobody can change her thoughts. She have a really strong character, but at the same time, she's really sensitive and that's the reason why she is my best friend and can understand me very well. I think that she wasn't here with me, my life like an university student would be really difficult and heavier.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sharon! What a great friend you have!

    1. I can describe your friend in one sentence as:
    She is a caring friend who is not afraid to reach out and help others.
    2. I could write this sentence based on your description, "She is really friendly. When I really didn't know how to make friends in Korea, she was helping and introducing me to our "sunbaes" and "hoobaes"" and "She is a really good friend because she always search a good way for all the problems and things. When I ask for her and I explain my problem to her, she always have and answer to make me relaxed."
    3. You described how your friend looked like in the first paragraph well.
    But there was no writing on what your friend says.
    Her actions and behavior was expressed through your writing but I could not find any details of what other people think of her.
    4. I was a little confused when you described her as a strong character but also sensitive in your last paragraph. Maybe you could elaborate in your next draft?
    5.I can see how she is a good friend to you and she has been a great help to settle down in Korea. No wonder you wrote about her, she is a truly an amazing friend!
    6. What kind of things do you do together as best friends? Maybe you could write about an episode of you guys doing something together for fun?

    See you in class! Hye Hyon Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am SEA HEE CHOI. I enjoyed your essay!

    1. I guess your friend has very strong confidence on herself.
    2. According to your essay, she does not afraid of how people say bad things on her back and she make friends easily with her specailized characteristic.
    3. Althogh you and your friend have almost perfectly different tastes, that has become the reason to become real friend. I liked this part.
    4. What do you mean by strong character? you mean strong phisically? or strong in way of speak?
    5. By reading your essay, I can feel that you really like her. She helped you to get along with friends and hang out with them.
    6. Without the fact that both speak Korean and Spanish, what else do you find it good to hang out with your best friend??

    Thank you: )

    ReplyDelete