Tuesday, October 6, 2015

MI HYEON SEO / My Best Frined / Thur, 1-3pm

I have a best friend. She is a person who has been my best friend for a long time. We knew each other since young and went through all kinds of ups and downs together. My friend is not quite tall, has brown and curly hair, and brown eyes that matches with her hair. Whenever I see her, she always gives a smile to me. Other people around her say that she is such a sweet person. Out of all, the best thing about my friend is that she is a good listener. So when I have any problems or difficulties, I go to her and ask what I should do. After talking to her, it makes me feel more calmed down and my friend helps me to see the problem objectively and outside the box.

One day, my friend and I took a taxi. We were heading to Myeongdong station but my friend had mistaken it with Euljiro station. So I said to her "Mom, we are supposed to go on subway line 4, not line 2!" As I mentioned the word 'Mom', the taxi driver was so surprised, looked back to us and asked "She is your mother?" I replied, "Yes, she certainly is". The taxi driver said "Wow, I thought you two were friends or sisters, never thought she would be your mother!"

Yes, my best friend with brown curly hair and brown eyes is none other than my mother. She looks young for her age. But as soon as people see her, they notice that it is my mother, because we look so much alike. Not only the appearance but also the way we act and think is also similar. So she has been the biggest supporter and the best consultant in my life.

My mother is very friendly and acts younger than her peers. So I always thought her as a delicate and naive person. But one day, I went to my mother's social gathering place. There, I had met a young woman, slightly older than my age. She came to me and said "You must be Mi Hyeon" So I replied "Yes, it is a pleasure to meet you, but can I ask who you are?" She said, "My name is Soo Min, your mother helped me a lot. Did she not tell you about it?"

I was in confusion because I have not heard of her name before, even though my mother and I talk a lot about our daily lives. So I sat with her and spent few minutes talking. It turned out that the lady had suffered severe alcoholism. They first met at a gym near my place, and after getting along with each other several times my mother noticed that there was something going wrong with this lady. So my mother first suggested about going to rehabilitation facility, found some places she could stay, and took her there.

Now, she looked perfectly fine and she said it herself. Even the lady's father called my mother and thanked her for being such a nice person. After listening to that story, I found out that my mother is not a delicate and naïve person. Although she acts in a way, that was only in front of our family. Deep down inside, she was the most strong and wise person I know.

So until now, my mother and I are best friends. We will be best friends for life no matter what happens. She will be there for me for good and bad. And I know that she will continue be the strong and wise person who knows not only to take care of herself but also who is able to embrace other's difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment