Monday, October 5, 2015

Kim Donghee/My big little sister/Thursday 1-3pm

Some siblings amazingly don't look alike. But in my sister and my case, that's not it. She is like the exact duplicate of me, only taller and skinnier. If we stand side by side in front of a mirror, it'd be so easy to find out many resemblance between our faces, even the shape of our body bones. When younger we used be much more alike each other, even our voices were, and people on the phone often confused me with my sister. However as we grow up her voice got a bit lower than mine, and her height got higher than mine.

 

She is about three or four centimeters taller than me, making her the tallest person in the family, taller than our dad. Our parents always jokingly say, "I don't know what happened to you two; both of us are not that tall and yet you girls are really tall even compared to your friends. Maybe we fed you too much!"

 

When I heard knock on my door nine out of ten times it's my sister. "Sis, I've got something tell you." She says with excitement every time she enters my room. Then without my consent she just jumps right into talking. She's always a speaker and I'm more of a listener. Nowadays topics are usually about how her studying is going. She is preparing for 수능, KSAT, and wants my advice concerning that. I enjoy talking and giving some useful advice to her, but when I'm in my room that means I am enjoying the peace, alone.

 

So naturally I sometimes find her annoying. And she often recognizes that by suddenly asking me, "Are you listening to me?" She always uses wide hand and body gestures while talking, flapping her long arms. Occasionally she'd hit her hand or feet into a nearby wall, a headboard of my bed, on the floor, on our dog, or even me. That's actually terrifying thing to experience; she is the one who's always taller and stronger than me and being hit by her hurts more than you think. When we were young we frequently fought with each other as most brothers and sisters do, and I was the one who got injured whoever started the fight or even whoever hit whom. When she hit me in the face, I lost my teeth. In fact that's how I lost my first teeth. When I hit her in the head, my hand got cracked. It made me wear a cast for more than a month.

 

But I love her, and see many resemblance between me and her not only in our appearance but also in our minds. Our hobbies and tastes in many different things matches. I like to play video games and she loves it too. I love to listen to pop music and she's also a big fan. We both adore animals, we both like funny horror film, we both have celebrity crash on Simon Pegg, and on and on. We always enjoy talking to each other. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi I am Chun Young Ho. The topic is very familiar since we talked about your younger sister in last class. I anticipated your writing. Your writing starts with the description of your sister's appearance. You explain her from resemblance to difference. I remember your saying about her height. This part is quite interesting. From the 3 paragraph you write about the episodes and personality of your sister. The story is so realistic. I like it. I wanto hear more about the hobby and interest about your sister. Explaining these would make your essay better. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, Donghee, it is really nice to read about your younger sister as you shared some of it during the class! Thank you so much for sharing!

    1. I love how you describe your sister's physical appearance and the way she talks in detail. It is really easy to imagine her figure. Also, your writing contains a lot of love towards your sister, and I can feel that.

    2. "Sis, I've got something tell you." She says with excitement every time she enters my room. Then without my consent she just jumps right into talking. She's always a speaker and I'm more of a listener.

    -I guess your sister is such lively person and loves to share her stories and you girls are very close to each other, and she really trusts you.

    3. There is no such part that I did not understand.

    4. The structure is good, since each paragraph involves one topic.

    5. I would love to know how you girls spend time together. I grew up alone and I am very curious about it.

    ReplyDelete